Thursday, October 14, 2010

Acorn squash suggestions?

Two questions.

1) Does anybody else get a funny message when they try to use the search function in the top left of the screen? O webmaster, is there a setting that can be toggled so that we could search by keyword?

2) Does anybody have any suggestions for acorn squash? I usually smear it with butter, sprinkle some brown sugar and cinnamon on it, and bake it, which seems to be the most basic recipe, but I was wondering if anybody had anything unusual they did with it.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm . . . I tried the keyword cheese and the keyword squash and it gave me results both times and no funny message. If you tell me what message I can ask Eric about it.

    I don't have any great squash ideas, though. I've roasted it salt/herbs and other root veggies, but only once or twice. It goes well with rutabaga. Or is it beets? Probably both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's strange. The message was something like "the owner of the blog has disabled this function" or something like that. But it's working now. Maybe it was a Blogspot thing, not specific to ours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to give that message when there aren't any "recent" results, indicating that the limitation it mentions might be time-based. "Cauliflower" only gives one result, despite appearing at least twice; "dhal" shows the funny message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not seeing a setting to change, but looking at the blogger help stuff it looks like it may be an intermittent problem with blogger itself.

    ReplyDelete