Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Food November

So I've eaten new foods in the last while but I didn't write them all down. Sadness, truly. But here are a few for November:

1. Brianna's Chipotle Cheddar dressing, which is pretty interesting. The chipotle gives it a nice kick and the cheddar part is a little weird for me but good. I mean, it actually has a slighly cheddary taste, and I've never experienced that in a dressing. I was expecting a little more ranch-like, I guess.

2. Leicester red cheese--the particular one I bought was Kerrygold but I've seen a couple different brands around. It pretty much tastes like cheddar (medium sharpness, I'd say) but it's definitely more red. If you something exciting for a cheese platter or garnish this would be cool.

3. Bundaberg root beer from Australia, which is pretty good. Definitely on the sharp and gingery side, but that's not a bad thing in my opinion. Root beer is pretty much the only soda Eric really loves, so when I spot an exciting one I bring it home to try.

4. Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce--this isn't exactly a new food, but it's become my favorite barbecue sauce. I like the hot and spicy one, but Eric's partial to the hickory and brown sugar, which I must say is quite nice. The flavors I've tried have been more sweet than smoky, though, so it depends on your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment