Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Food Bio!

Hi Everybody!
Sooo, I never blogged on here until today (still have a live journal account tho :p.) This is how I wound up following the blog as well... How do I get it to tell me when people make new posts?.

Skill level: Medium, I enjoy trying new things as long as I have a recipe to follow. They can have a long ingredient list & they can be fairly complicated as long as I am properly motivated by the yummy factor! I will improvise once I know a recipe or it is a pasta dish, else wise, I am a recipe gal all the way!

Favorite cuisine: Oh man!! Do I have to pick one? I love Mexican, Thai, Italian, Indian and Chinese. Anything with saffron in it is a surefire win with me! There is very little I DON'T like. If it has saffron, ginger, red pepper, etc etc in it, I'll probably love it!

Cooking or baking: Ummm.... Both? I bake for special occasions (Christmas gifts, parties, birthdays, etc) and cook far more regularly. That said, I tend to get fancier with my Christmas gift baking than I do my general cooking.

Favorite appliance: I've moved a lot. I'm looking forward to learning a single oven and sticking with its quirks! (Not sure I have a favorite appliance now, but my last roommates' espresso machine made me a very happy yuppie coffee drinking gal!)

Favorite junk food: Chips & salsa!!! After that: My nachos, chocolate, chocolate & peanut butter combinations- any variety, Pocky!! (Especially the fancy chocolate & orange swirly kind I had once at an anime con, never to find again!), Gardettos, salty stuff.

Favorite real food: Nearly anything with pasta in it, curries, peas pulao (How do you make this heavenly dish!?!), rice noodles, stir fry, sushi, molé, macaroni & potato salads, rhubarb & lemon pie from family recipes... Make it spicy and I'll probably love it!

I look forward to learning new yummy recipes (especially all the Indian and Japanese ones, yummy!!!) ! I'll be posting my 4th of July grilling stuff at Cherilyn's suggestion, because everything turned out so well!! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Um, I just put the blog on my google reader and check every few days for new posts. Or you can check it on your Blogger dashboard. Or make Cherilyn check it and tell you. :)

    ReplyDelete