SPICYGRAPE & RAISIN CAKE
Carolynwon a Welch’s Grape trophy in the Central WA State Fair with thisrecipe.
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1 cup Welch’s Grape Juice
½ cup Welch’s Grape Jelly
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 cup dark raisins
½ cup sliced walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and lightly flour a Bundt pan. (I spray with PAM)
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and eggs. Beat until very light and fluffy (about 3 minutes altogether).
- Mix grape juice, grape jelly and vanilla together.
- Alternately beat grape mixture and flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar.
- Add raisins and nuts, mixing well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 10 minutes in pan before turning out. (If cake is left in pan too long it may stick.) Finish cooling on wire rack. Pour grape satin glaze over cake when it’s completely cool.
1 cupsifted confectioner’s sugar
1 TBSlight corn syrup
1TBS Welch’s Grape Juice
In asmall bowl, combine all ingredients and beat until smooth. Pourglaze on top of cooled cake and it will slowly run down the sides.