Monday, October 17, 2011

Salmon

Just to prove I haven't totally forgotten our awesome food blog even though I haven't cooked anything worth sharing in a while, we're cooking salmon tonight and I'm telling you about it. That's right, I'm learning to cook fish. I've been rethinking a lot of stuff lately and how there are some things that I do more because I've been doing them a long time than because I actually care about them deeply. And I decided to go flexitarian, I guess. I still like all the vegetarian food I make and it's a great way to be healthy, but it really is nice to order a regular hamburger at a restaurant or not be confined to side dishes at potlucks and such.
But that means I have to get my meat cookin' skills back, and today it's gonna be salmon. I haven't googled recipes or seasoning ideas yet, but I'll let y'all know how it goes and whether I ruin a nice piece of fish or not. :)

2 comments:

  1. Momentous decision. Hope I didn't contribute to it by posting only meat-related recipes - actually I was enjoying getting meatless ideas from you, so I hope you still post from your back catalog!

    Do let us know how the salmon cooking went. Akiko and I like fish and order it in restaurants, but I just never learned to cook it. I've experimented, like, twice in my life. But we get good salmon here, so I keep meaning to learn how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I <3 salmon, and it truly if a fish that is hard to mess up! I'll post the Salmon and Texas Caviar recipe I made recently in honor of your ventures into the land of fish!

    ReplyDelete