Monday, September 27, 2010

yay Trader Joe's

So I got some exciting things at Trader Joe's last week and I used two of those exciting things in my dinner last night. I got a bag of tiny tiny tiny potatoes (each one is like half a ping-pong ball) with thin skins and a package of fully cooked andouille style chicken sausages. SO this is what I did

1 bag tiny potatoes
2 chicken sausages
extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
fresh rosemary leaves (off the stems)
salt
garlic powder (I used a salt/garlic/pepper seasoning thing)

throw your potatoes into a baking dish (small enough to have them all touching and layered and stuff) and slice your sausage into rounds over top. Drizzle the oil. Sprinkle the seasonings and the rosemary and stir it all a little folding the sausage in with the potatoes. Cover it with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until the potatoes are the desired tenderness.

You could totally use some small-chunked larger potatoes like red skins or some other kind that you don't have to peel. The best part about this dinner is that it took about 5 minutes to throwq together and then I just did homework while I waited and then got to enjoy a nice hearty dinner :)

3 comments:

  1. That sounds great. Except I would make it with fake sausage of some sort. I'm kind of jealous that everyone else in America seems to live near a Trader Joe's but I've never seen one around here. I'm not even sure we have Whole Foods in Utah, either. *sigh* Our Harmon's does sell small potatoes, though. (Not as small as yours but still little.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just hit on our favorite cold-weather dinner. We do so many variations on the roast-potatoes-and-stuff dinner that it's just not even funny. Try throwing in some zucchini, whole baby carrots, onions. Try mesquite seasoning over the top. Try mixing a little whole-grained mustard in with the olive oil and seasonings. Try cherry or grape tomatoes in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like to roast potatoes in the fall but this is the first time I have done it with "stuff." Awesome suggestions!!

    @Lemon Verbena- Sorry you don't have Trader Joe's :( but I totally bet veggie sausage would so rock.

    General Idea: I was thinking of maybe broccoli, potatoes, carrots, and peas with some like curry seasonings? Thoughts? Ideas for execution?

    ReplyDelete